Catelyn,
We grounded you for the first time yesterday. You had been outside for a long time, played with friends, and we had gone for a walk on top of that. I asked you to stay inside, but you disobeyed, and left. You did say you were going to Drennen's house, but I had told you, "No."
You didn't return home, nor did we come after you. More than an hour went by. Then nearly another. We ate dinner and cleaned up, without hearing from you one bit. I had a pretty good idea where you were, but I wasn't sure.
Dad wanted to go find you. But we decided to wait to see how long until you would come home. It was shortly before bedtime.
We then had a talk, at which point you bald your head off, kicking and screaming and nashing of teeth began, and the wailing and uncontroled yelling and screaming ensued. We gave you a minute to get this out of your system. Then sent you to bed.
You are grounded for two days. No computer, no friends, no bike. Two days.
Sorry honey. You made a poor choice.
We love you very much, but we also have to have some ground rules and set some limits.
I don't think this is the last time you will be gone without telling us. It won't be the last time you are grounded either. Let's hope for the best however that you can learn from your mistakes.
Trust us, it feels a bit early for this kind of grounding and behavior, as you are only 6. In ten years, will it be worse?
Love,
Mom and Dad
We grounded you for the first time yesterday. You had been outside for a long time, played with friends, and we had gone for a walk on top of that. I asked you to stay inside, but you disobeyed, and left. You did say you were going to Drennen's house, but I had told you, "No."
You didn't return home, nor did we come after you. More than an hour went by. Then nearly another. We ate dinner and cleaned up, without hearing from you one bit. I had a pretty good idea where you were, but I wasn't sure.
Dad wanted to go find you. But we decided to wait to see how long until you would come home. It was shortly before bedtime.
We then had a talk, at which point you bald your head off, kicking and screaming and nashing of teeth began, and the wailing and uncontroled yelling and screaming ensued. We gave you a minute to get this out of your system. Then sent you to bed.
You are grounded for two days. No computer, no friends, no bike. Two days.
Sorry honey. You made a poor choice.
We love you very much, but we also have to have some ground rules and set some limits.
I don't think this is the last time you will be gone without telling us. It won't be the last time you are grounded either. Let's hope for the best however that you can learn from your mistakes.
Trust us, it feels a bit early for this kind of grounding and behavior, as you are only 6. In ten years, will it be worse?
Love,
Mom and Dad

Comments