She loved it. Until she had to get out.
Brooklyn was pretty spitty-uppy the first few days. So she had a few head and neck and face washings, but she is now keeping everything down, other than the occasional and normal spit up. I can't believe today marks a week already! I plan to do the six week shots I did with Jocelyn, where I caught her in the same outfit every week for six weeks, to see the growth. It's pretty incredible how much the change the first 6 weeks.
The kids have taken a great interest in her now that things have been quieter around our place. Without the dog to distract them they have found Brooklyn to be pretty entertaining. Cate held her for nearly an 45 minutes downstairs while I did some things. They were all very engaged in a Dora show. Landon enjoys holding her too, but not quite as long as Cate. And this morning, Brooklyn and Jocelyn had a near staring contest...Brooklyn couldn't stop gazing at her. I told Jo, "She likes you!" and Jocelyn said, "Noooo, she likes you."
She got this from Janelle who started a little word-war of "You're a silly monkey!" and Jocelyn would reply, "Noooo, you're a silly monkey!" and then Janelle would say it again, and Jocelyn would continue to insist that Janelle was the monkey. It was funny.
Lucky was a pretty sweet little puppy to have around. Ziva is just so big, that my kids are a little nervous about her. And though they were intimidated by Lucky, she was much more their size and twice as playful. They loved it. Part of me would love to have a family dog. A pet for them to enjoy and learn from. BUT, I am not crazy about the idea of a dog either. The novelty of a dog would wear off for the kids too. I just am not up for the poop and the dog hair, and the food and chew toys. I would like an outside dog, but hate that come winter it would be lonely for the dog. Not to mention cold. And our garage isn't big enough for a dog. I don't know. We just aren't ready for that. We will stick with kids for now. A dog is in our future, but just not yet.






Comments
Dogs are work.
We wouldn't have any, if it wasn't absolutely CLEAR, I don't feed or scoop poop! I have too many humans to do that for!