Of course his first real wreck after taking off on his own would be the ONLY mud on our street. He cried and cried because there was mud on his new bike. boo. Silly kid.
Well, it seems like teaching your son to ride a bike is a DAD thing to do, but Landon was just begging me like crazy to go outside and help him, and i just couldn't deny him that. I kinda wanted him to NOT learn, so that kyle could finish helping and teaching him and they could have that. But I kinda DID want him to learn, so that he could say, "My mom taught me how to ride a bike".
Nearly 3 hours later, he had it down. He has wiped out a bit, but really not much at all compared to what I have been expecting. He has had it down for a few days now, and I can't keep him in the house at all. He wants to ride it non-stop. It's pretty awesome. He is so proud of himself too. In a matter of 2 days he has been able to go from wobbly to wind-in-his-hair speed. He can cut corners and stop nicely. Best of all, he can start himself out now and that reallyhelps.
We just wish he would watch for cars more.
Not that i want to compare my kids, but he has Catelyn beat in the bike department by about a year. Is it because he is a boy? Has more desire to keep up with her? I don't know.
I did promise him that if he could learn 2 wheels we would buy him a new bike before kindergarten starts. I am so going to have to hold up on my end of the bargain. Either that, or we will be calling Grandma Mac.
(Who, to date, has blessed our children with all the bikes they have thus far.)
Well, it seems like teaching your son to ride a bike is a DAD thing to do, but Landon was just begging me like crazy to go outside and help him, and i just couldn't deny him that. I kinda wanted him to NOT learn, so that kyle could finish helping and teaching him and they could have that. But I kinda DID want him to learn, so that he could say, "My mom taught me how to ride a bike".
Nearly 3 hours later, he had it down. He has wiped out a bit, but really not much at all compared to what I have been expecting. He has had it down for a few days now, and I can't keep him in the house at all. He wants to ride it non-stop. It's pretty awesome. He is so proud of himself too. In a matter of 2 days he has been able to go from wobbly to wind-in-his-hair speed. He can cut corners and stop nicely. Best of all, he can start himself out now and that reallyhelps.
We just wish he would watch for cars more.
Not that i want to compare my kids, but he has Catelyn beat in the bike department by about a year. Is it because he is a boy? Has more desire to keep up with her? I don't know.
I did promise him that if he could learn 2 wheels we would buy him a new bike before kindergarten starts. I am so going to have to hold up on my end of the bargain. Either that, or we will be calling Grandma Mac.
(Who, to date, has blessed our children with all the bikes they have thus far.)
Comments
Great pictures! I love that you took 3 hours and spent it teaching him to ride a bike. What a great memory for him!