Oh dear Catelyn.
How I do not want you to quit dance.
You light up when you're dancing.
You're pretty good at it, too!
You sing along and dance where ever you go.
But you're begging me to quit.
So you can do gymnastics.
Which, my dear, is basically the same thing, WITHOUT music!
Why would you want to dance to silence?
Music is so wonderful, if it's the right kind of music, that is.
Please consider changing your mind and sticking with your TEAM.
They love you.
Your Coach loves you.
And the NEED you.
Just think about it, okay?
On to other things about you. You're finishing up 3rd grade. How did you get so big? I had a great time going with you to the Idaho History Museum and learning about dinosaurs. You're a fun girl to spend time with, you know it? You're friends in your class seem to like you a lot too! And we both know you're always begging to go play with friends!
When you decide to be happy and clean your room, YOU DO! And you're a wonderful little girl to be around when you're happy like that!
You just auditioned for The Wizard of Oz, and I hope WE get a part! We'll know in a week! You'd make a great little Munchkin, if I say so myself.
Let's see, what else?
I think you're getting too tall. And your feet are catching up to mine!
You're a pretty little lady in the making, and we love you so much! I'm excited for you to play the summer days away, and hope that you'll be helpful when we go to Utah, and to Rigby Lake, and stuff. I need more than two hands to get the five of us places, and you're a great help to me!
Love you, silly monkey!
(and remind me to take more photos of you!)

Comments