Landon's had the best first grade experience that any kid could ask for!
Mrs. McLaren was such a wonderful influence in his life this past year. She even organized her class into a cast, and did a show! Landon and his little best buddy Cooper were the characters Chicken Little and Rooster. They were so funny and cute.
They had their lines memorized and the songs down square. Landon's still singing them. I need to get the soundtrack....
I had a moment where I realized that this woman he adores has been more involved with is life than I have over the last year on some level, and I was slightly envious and overwhelmed with gratitude for her.
She was anther Mother for this class this past year, there is no doubt. I don't think that every teacher has that quality to them, though I wish they did. She has a special gift to love those kids.
As he moves from 1st grade to 2nd, my heart is wishful that she'll move up a grade, and then every year from there on, stick with this class. I'd love to see her be his teacher for forever.
He's ready for summer though, and despite his adoration for her and reading, I think he really just wants to play basketball and such all day, every day now.


Comments