Especially when you're two and an half and ASK for it.
When Brooklyn was a baby I went to have her ears done, but decided to hold off, since her one ear lobe was so tiny, and her ears were very different in size.
So I waited.
For her to grow into her ears.
And to grow some hair.
Still waiting on the hair part, so earrings seemed like a great idea.
She asked for them, and since we both wanted them, we went and got them.
She picked out a pair, and viola, it was done.
She said, "Owwwww!" once, and then laughed when the lady gave her a sucker and began modeling for me and Kyle. All to show off her new earrings!
Yup, seriously, she loves them. It's pretty stinking cute. She is constantly telling me, each time we clean and rotate them, "Mom, never take them out, 'kay?"
Okay. Deal.
And I did mention that we are waiting on some hair, but some is sprouting. So we're hopeful!
See, she has tiny Pony Tail!
{And she has started modeling, seriously, posing is her new thing.}
So, last but not least, she's just a month past being two and a half, and she bore her testimony in church yesterday. For months now she's been begging me to go up during Testimony Meeting, but I've never let her, because I know what the Church Handbook says about that kind of thing.
We did have a family home evening about sharing our testimonies, and talked about all the many things the kids could say. And then they practiced. We got out the fake microphone and they practiced saying something other than the typical kid testimony. They were challenged to add something different to their practice testimony that they knew to be true, and then we challenged them to actually share that in the next Testimony Meeting. Three of the four kids did just that yesterday.
And Brooklyn was first. Not first in the family, but FIRST. PERSON. TO. THE. PULPIT. I had to hold her back all though the first portion of the meeting.
Yesterday morning in getting ready for church, I reminded the older kids about the challenge, and Brooklyn wanted to share hers and I told her the rule:
You have to be able to share your testimony BY YOURSELF. No help from mom or dad.
And so I asked her what she would say if I were to let her go.
And she repeated what we had practiced weeks ago.
It was pretty stinking. darling. delicious.
But I still didn't think she'd actually do it.
I was banking on her chicken-ing out.
Oh no.
Our neighbor (Tory Savage) said Hi to her, and she told him she was going to share her testimony. I told her to tell him, and she did. So, when she went up to the stand, and by-passed her dad, Kyle looked at me with a small dose of panic. I whispered back, "She's ready".
And they lowered the pulpit as low as it would go.
And she stepped up on the step stool.
And you couldn't see even a lick of hair.
But she was a crystal clear bell when she spoke her little testimony.
And she said just the right thing, and didn't mess up or forget to end in the Savior's name.
And then she came back to the pew, with the biggest, proudest, happiest smile ever.
And asked for a sucker.
There are moments that I can't wait to see over again, and I'm pretty sure the Lord will let me see that one again someday.
| Could she get any more darling? Seriously. |
Comments