Taking extreme measures to stop thumb sucking might not be the way to do it. I have heard a half a dozen people say, "I sucked my thumb 'til I was (insert age here, usually over 6 years) and my teeth were just fine."
To that, I say, "Lucky for your mom and dad!"
Really though, it's caused a 6 mm out jet in her bite, which is not cool. Her frenulem is keeping her two front teeth a mile apart, and it was time to start in on some orthodontic work.
Yeah for us!
She is doing awesome though. The habit appliance is working and she seems happy to have the help in quitting. I am so proud of her. She has been doing great on her homework and got two test in a row that were 90%!!! and her spelling test from Friday was 100%!!! She is so happy and proud of herself, as are we!
To that, I say, "Lucky for your mom and dad!"
Really though, it's caused a 6 mm out jet in her bite, which is not cool. Her frenulem is keeping her two front teeth a mile apart, and it was time to start in on some orthodontic work.
Yeah for us!
She is doing awesome though. The habit appliance is working and she seems happy to have the help in quitting. I am so proud of her. She has been doing great on her homework and got two test in a row that were 90%!!! and her spelling test from Friday was 100%!!! She is so happy and proud of herself, as are we!
If you look close, it looks like she has another tooth coming out of the roof of her mouth. There are two prongs on that, not sharp, that keep her from getting suction on her thumb. He told us we could rough it up if she fights past it, and so far, I think she won't need that. 4 months of no chewy/sticky candy, gum, etc. It's going to be a long summer, but it will be full of chocolate, ice cream, and Popsicles!
You are doing great Cate and WE LOVE YOU!!!!
Comments
You're doing awesome, Cate!!! Keep up the great work! And congratulations on your test scores!