So we had Stake Conference this week. And we sat near the front, and on the front row was a family who had a 5 year old daughter, with long blond hair, in a bright blue dress.
She kept eyeing Landon. A LOT. He kept looking at her, a lot too.
When it came time for the rest hymn, she casually came over to our bench and handed Landon a note and a picture. The note read:
Savanna
wuts yur noame?
The "o" was all scribbled out, and corrected with an a. It was hilarious. Tory Savage was sitting by me, and even he was fighting off a laugh.
So Landon wrote his name on the paper and handed it back.
After the meeting, the two of them talked for a minute before we left. On the way out to the car, we had the following conversation.
Landon: Hey mom, you know that girl in the blue dress?
Me: Yes.
Landon: I looked at her a lot during church.
Me: I know. How come?
Landon: I don't know. Can we go to her house?
Me: Sorry pal. Don't think so.
Since Sunday, he has drawn about 4 pictures for her and a few notes too. He can't seem to forget this one. I am currently trying to figure out who she is, so that we can at least drop off the art work. But I don't think we will schedule any play dates.
She kept eyeing Landon. A LOT. He kept looking at her, a lot too.
When it came time for the rest hymn, she casually came over to our bench and handed Landon a note and a picture. The note read:
Savanna
wuts yur n
The "o" was all scribbled out, and corrected with an a. It was hilarious. Tory Savage was sitting by me, and even he was fighting off a laugh.
So Landon wrote his name on the paper and handed it back.
After the meeting, the two of them talked for a minute before we left. On the way out to the car, we had the following conversation.
Landon: Hey mom, you know that girl in the blue dress?
Me: Yes.
Landon: I looked at her a lot during church.
Me: I know. How come?
Landon: I don't know. Can we go to her house?
Me: Sorry pal. Don't think so.
Since Sunday, he has drawn about 4 pictures for her and a few notes too. He can't seem to forget this one. I am currently trying to figure out who she is, so that we can at least drop off the art work. But I don't think we will schedule any play dates.
I know, I know. He's 5.
Can you even begin to feel how freaked out I am for him to start Kindergarten???
Just so you have this:
This link may not always work, but here is Serene's (Savannah's mom) blog entry about this.
Click HERE.
Just so you have this:
This link may not always work, but here is Serene's (Savannah's mom) blog entry about this.
Click HERE.
Comments