Skip to main content

Brooklyn Update

We actually had a nice enough day, that the kids had a blast playing outside.  It was warm enough for Brooklyn to go out too.  She loves it, and Cate helps her swing and go on the slide.  She is a great big sister in that way!  It took Brooklyn a little bit to warm up to the idea of grass, but once she did, she wanted to go everywhere!
She has been a walking fool lately, choosing to walk instead of crawl, and she was bound to take a fall.  She got this nasty bruise on Thursday this week.  It's finally going green, 5 days later.  It was a bad one as it protruded out of her forehead like there was really an egg under her skin.  Poor girl!

But don't feel to bad.  She had a rice crispie treat the day before, and that was DE-LISH!  I don't think a single puff of sticky sweetness hit the floor.
At grandpa's party, she was sweet, and quite charming.  She walked around that reception like party (I think we had nearly 300 guests!) like she was the party princess, drawing attention to herself with her newly acquired skills of walking and babbling.  She is so tender and sweet.  What a gem to have in our family!

And lastly, though I am posting this photo on my blog too, I had to add it.  This is what I see on a daily basis.  Holding on to me so tightly, and hoping I will pick her up.  If you ever wonder why I don't have much done at home it's only because of two reasons.  Her or photos that need to be edited.

Comments

Chels said…
She is getting so big! Out of all your kids shes the one I've been able to see grow up the most, because I remember when she was born. I cant wait until she really starts talking haha. Shes a walking fool now, she'll be a talking fool then.

Popular posts from this blog

The Opposite of Christmas Morning

We are having the opposite of Christmas morning at our house.  No toys.  We have one of these for storing toys: And several of these for the same reason: And last night the kids thought dumping them out for the sake of dumping toys would be fun.  This is a major rule breaker in our home.  I have had problems with this in the past, (even Mykalee knows this) and i have told them if it happens again, all the toys will disappear. And last night, after I found out what they had done, the toys have been grounded.  FOR A WEEK.  I hope it's as devastating as possible, so that they will learn I am serious when it comes to dumping toys out. {Also, Brooklyn is the only one who is exempt from this, as she was in bed.  Innocent.} On a side note, we did get the kids this on Friday.  It was time.  They seem to love it.

Happy Birthday Catelyn!!!

Happy Birthday Catelyn!!!     Yesterday was you last day as a 6 year old.  Here we go for 7!!! I have picked out a few photos that I love of you, Catelyn, and hope that you know how special you are as you look at this post.   You truly are a Daughter of God and are so beautiful.   We are so glad you are a part of our family! *You love to play outside. *You like math, have struggled with reading, and love recess. *You stood with Amanda in that wedding line for 45 minutes.   *You are a girly girl.  Lipstick, makeup, nail polish and perfume make you happy. *You yell a lot.  We are working on an inside voice. * You seem to want to stop sucking your thumb.  *You love the computer. *You love to shop. *You have one year to be ready for your baptism! *When you fall asleep, you are out like a light! *You love your teacher, Ms. Bair. *You need a bigger bike. *You enjoy watching Phineas and Ferb. *You draw people really well, and ...

Breaking News: Brooklyn

Nothing like getting a sharp poke in the ear. Especially when you're two and an half and ASK for it. When Brooklyn was a baby I went to have her ears done, but decided to hold off, since her one ear lobe was so tiny, and her ears were very different in size. So I waited. For her to grow into her ears. And to grow some hair. Still waiting on the hair part, so earrings seemed like a great idea. She asked for them, and since we both wanted them, we went and got them. She picked out a pair, and viola, it was done. She said, "Owwwww!" once, and then laughed when the lady gave her a sucker and began modeling for me and Kyle.  All to show off her new earrings! Yup, seriously, she loves them.  It's pretty stinking cute.  She is constantly telling me, each time we clean and rotate them, "Mom, never take them out, 'kay?" Okay. Deal. And I did mention that we are waiting on some hair, but some is sprouting. So we're hopeful! See, she...