I took Brooklyn back in to see AJ when I had to take Cate in with a sore throat. (She didn't have strep, but she did have a funky bacterial thing going on, so she got antibiotics.) After AJ looked Brooklyn over, he called another doc in for a second opinion. We considered the test for pox, but they didn't have it in their office--because, I assume, it's not something they need anymore. So, we called the dermatologist, and they don't carry the test either--it's that rare! It's practically unheard of because of the vaccination. They said we could go to the hospital--they have the test. But NO WAY AM I GOING TO THE HOSPITAL for a simple test. Especially when I've got two doctors willing to just treat it as the pox. At that point, what else could it be?
They put Brooklyn on an antiviral and a steroid treatment to try to knock it down. It's January 14, and we've still got spots, but it is slowly going away. She's been a bit more itchiness, due to the dryness of her skin but she's doing fine.
She was so mad at me yesterday, and was being so mouthy she got sent to her room. This is become a more common thing for her--pushing Kyle and I to our limits. It's frustrating for us all. She has no negotiation skills, has the lungs of a pop star, and a quick temper. She practically won't go to bed until she's in tears, which is sad for Kyle and I. She get so mad at us--just doesn't want to go to bed. Like it's a new thing every night.
"What? You mean I have to sleep? Since when? You can't make me!" She screams and stomps off to her room, comes out 5-10 times, repeats behavior, hoping we'll react. We don't. We just look at her like she's the crazy one, hug her, and tell her to go to bed. She stomps off again, adds a slamming door, and eventually falls asleep. It's kinda funny, as I write it out.
We've tried all kinds of things. Charts, prayers, songs, snuggling, reading, good cop, bad cop. Nothing works on her. Hopefully this phase doesn't last to much longer.
Anyway, on a good day, she comes out, apologizes, hugs us. you know, feels remorse a little.
And then last night, I got this note.
They put Brooklyn on an antiviral and a steroid treatment to try to knock it down. It's January 14, and we've still got spots, but it is slowly going away. She's been a bit more itchiness, due to the dryness of her skin but she's doing fine.
She was so mad at me yesterday, and was being so mouthy she got sent to her room. This is become a more common thing for her--pushing Kyle and I to our limits. It's frustrating for us all. She has no negotiation skills, has the lungs of a pop star, and a quick temper. She practically won't go to bed until she's in tears, which is sad for Kyle and I. She get so mad at us--just doesn't want to go to bed. Like it's a new thing every night.
| Old Photo--but still a good one! |
We've tried all kinds of things. Charts, prayers, songs, snuggling, reading, good cop, bad cop. Nothing works on her. Hopefully this phase doesn't last to much longer.
Anyway, on a good day, she comes out, apologizes, hugs us. you know, feels remorse a little.
And then last night, I got this note.
Comments