Yesterday after school, I snagged Jocelyn and we went and tried on white dresses.
Her eyes immediately went to one that she wanted to try on, and as we washed her hands so that we could touch the white dresses, and as I watched her excitement, a huge bubble of anxiety swelled within me. I know its just her baptism day, but I couldn't help flash forward 12 to 15 years from now and imagine this happening again. Picking out a white dress for a wedding. I remembering I went to the same thing with Catelyn. I just hadn't anticipated it happening again. I should have. I guess I'll prepare to repeat the emotional roller coaster in two years--when its Brooklyn's turn.
Her eyes immediately went to one that she wanted to try on, and as we washed her hands so that we could touch the white dresses, and as I watched her excitement, a huge bubble of anxiety swelled within me. I know its just her baptism day, but I couldn't help flash forward 12 to 15 years from now and imagine this happening again. Picking out a white dress for a wedding. I remembering I went to the same thing with Catelyn. I just hadn't anticipated it happening again. I should have. I guess I'll prepare to repeat the emotional roller coaster in two years--when its Brooklyn's turn.
I think we ate tried on a dozen dresses, but I only took photos of a few. We were there for an hour, but I told her she didn't get to pick out the dress. That's because it's a birthday present and we want to "surprise" her a little bit.
I asked her to give me her top favorites and it wasn't hard for her to do. Just kidding! She was having a terrible time choosing! But she finally narrowed it down to two. And is it any surprise that one of them is exactly the same as her big sister? Not to me.
I asked her to give me her top favorites and it wasn't hard for her to do. Just kidding! She was having a terrible time choosing! But she finally narrowed it down to two. And is it any surprise that one of them is exactly the same as her big sister? Not to me.
![]() |
| This one was the winner. |
![]() |
| PS. This is the dress Cate had! |





Comments