The countdown is on! This little monkey is about to be eight-years-old and we're so excited for her.
She's at such a fun age and we can't get over her silliness and playful heart.
At the "Great to Be 8" fireside our ward had, she wasn't feeling so great, but we went anyway, as we didn't want to miss it. Also, she was giving the prayer. We sang I'm Trying To Be Like Jesus first and then she was up.
The group folded their arms. They bowed their heads, closed their eyes, and heard the words:
"I'm trying to be like Jesus, I mean, Dear Heavenly Father...."
Dang cute, if you ask me. Jocelyn braved answering a few questions, but really wasn't feeling good, so when it was over, and she'd had her little cheesecake and had her white chocolate key to remind her of entering the kingdom of god through baptism, we were out of there. She had a rough night, and on Monday morning, I took her to the doctor. AJ confirmed what I already knew. She had strep.
She's doing better now, and I'm excited to take her shopping for her white dress. She'll be baptized on Feb. 14th, 2015--Valentine's Day! She is loving the idea of a heart braid and a pink ribbon to go around the waist of her dress.
Also, what kind of mom would I be if I didn't put in the little story I have about her and the Holy Ghost?
The day after the fireside she was asking about the Holy Ghost. The conversation went like this:
Jo: Mom, so how can the Holy Ghost be everywhere, and right here, too?
Me: good question. It's one of the special things about the power of the priesthood. Just like God knows us all, so does the holy Ghost. He just doesn't have a body.
Jo: So he could be right here? (Dramatically gestures to the empty space at her right.)
Me: (Thinking, "I guess, so," but answering confidently.) Yes.
Then, she did something I wasn't prepared for.
She balled her fist and PUNCHED the Imaginary Holy Ghost!
WHAT!? Gah! Good thing she's still innocent.
Man, did we have a little heart-to-heart after that. I think she was just being sill and cute, but good gravy. We don't pretend to hit the Holy Ghost. Or any other member of the Godhead. And that's how that conversation ended. Until she kept the conversation rolling.
Jo: So, the Godhead.
Me: Yes. heavenly Father, Jesus and the Holy Ghost make the Godhead.
Jo: Wait! So is Dad in the Godhead?
Me: Laughing. I just laughed. Then I muttered NO inbetween giggles.
This girl. She's something else, I tell ya. We'll be posting more photos as her birthday gets here... and her baptism!
![]() |
| An old shot--but dang--she's getting so big! |
She's at such a fun age and we can't get over her silliness and playful heart.
At the "Great to Be 8" fireside our ward had, she wasn't feeling so great, but we went anyway, as we didn't want to miss it. Also, she was giving the prayer. We sang I'm Trying To Be Like Jesus first and then she was up.
The group folded their arms. They bowed their heads, closed their eyes, and heard the words:
"I'm trying to be like Jesus, I mean, Dear Heavenly Father...."
Dang cute, if you ask me. Jocelyn braved answering a few questions, but really wasn't feeling good, so when it was over, and she'd had her little cheesecake and had her white chocolate key to remind her of entering the kingdom of god through baptism, we were out of there. She had a rough night, and on Monday morning, I took her to the doctor. AJ confirmed what I already knew. She had strep.
She's doing better now, and I'm excited to take her shopping for her white dress. She'll be baptized on Feb. 14th, 2015--Valentine's Day! She is loving the idea of a heart braid and a pink ribbon to go around the waist of her dress.
Also, what kind of mom would I be if I didn't put in the little story I have about her and the Holy Ghost?
The day after the fireside she was asking about the Holy Ghost. The conversation went like this:
Jo: Mom, so how can the Holy Ghost be everywhere, and right here, too?
Me: good question. It's one of the special things about the power of the priesthood. Just like God knows us all, so does the holy Ghost. He just doesn't have a body.
Jo: So he could be right here? (Dramatically gestures to the empty space at her right.)
Me: (Thinking, "I guess, so," but answering confidently.) Yes.
Then, she did something I wasn't prepared for.
She balled her fist and PUNCHED the Imaginary Holy Ghost!
WHAT!? Gah! Good thing she's still innocent.
Man, did we have a little heart-to-heart after that. I think she was just being sill and cute, but good gravy. We don't pretend to hit the Holy Ghost. Or any other member of the Godhead. And that's how that conversation ended. Until she kept the conversation rolling.
Jo: So, the Godhead.
Me: Yes. heavenly Father, Jesus and the Holy Ghost make the Godhead.
Jo: Wait! So is Dad in the Godhead?
Me: Laughing. I just laughed. Then I muttered NO inbetween giggles.
This girl. She's something else, I tell ya. We'll be posting more photos as her birthday gets here... and her baptism!

Comments