Me: What's the matter?
Brooklyn: "Oh, I haven't been sleeping well."
Me: Why not?
Brooklyn: "Justcuz."
Four days of having a hard time sleeping at night and falling asleep in any one's arms mid-day. Constantly coming upstairs to get us, sometimes not even making it UP the stairs and falling back to sleep on them.
Turns out she had a scheduled doctor's appointment anyway on March 20th, just four days into running a fever off and on, so I held out. She was supposed to be getting shots, but I knew she wouldn't be receiving those.
And indeed, she had a ear infection.
No big deal. And the best part? I've got her convinced that taking her medicine is fun when you get to hold the syringe yourself and squirt the medicine into your own mouth. She's constantly asking if she can take her medicine now.
Only two more days of it, and then we're done. She's been doing much better. I really am grateful for modern medicine and a good doctor. My girls like AJ at Dr. Reed Ward's office a lot. I do too. He remembers us and is genuinely good with the kids.
Meanwhile, Brooklyn has put herself in a bath, water and all, and got out all on her own, WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE. I could have killed her! I thought she was just playing downstairs, as she told me she was going to get a Barbie, and what do I find? She starts coming upstairs naked while wrapped up in a towel, with wet hair. When I think of all the ''what ifs'' in that scenario and feel panic rise in my throat.
And to her credit, she honestly told me, "I got distrekked Mom." Distracted for sure. Good grief, she's getting too big.

Comments
kyle