Skip to main content

Happy Birthday Catelyn!

She was pretty excited to celebrate her big day!
{Friends} L-R Top Row: Kailee, Drennen, Brooklyn, Catelyn, Abby and Ila
Sitting: Kayla and Lauren and Jocelyn

Blow those candles out!

Love this photo.  Landon is the ONLY boy, but the girls didn't mind!  Neither did he!

Yes, they are doing Just Dance 3 on YouTube.  They had a blast.
A Sparkly Outfit from Gma Cindy

Received her Dream Watch from Gma Mac!
Mini Cupcakes and Presents
{Yes, in some of those pictures she has make-up on.  She does because she had a Dance Competition all day Saturday, and that's when some of these photos were taken. They placed really well, 1st and 2nd!}

This year it just so happened that there was no school on her birthday which made for an even more awesome day!  We spent the morning getting ready, and then the rest of the day partying!  Lots of friends and fun.

We had a little get together with the Pack side on Saturday, and Janelle was even here to visit! She was pretty excited to get her little press-on fake nails.  {The ONLY reason I allowed them was that I am hoping it will help her quit chewing her nails! And they're short term.  She can't wear them forever.  Maybe once every few months.  When they've all gone missing, because they will, then that's it.  I won't buy more for a long while.}

Moving on, she babysat for us on Sunday as Brooklyn was home sick.  And she babysat for us while we went to dinner for our Anniversary. {1-3hours Max}  We call every 15 minutes which is probably annoying to her, but it's the rule.  She's really getting pretty big. She's responsible, but tends to be bossy.  There is a fine line in letting her babysit. ☺

Grandpa/ma Larsen came over Monday night and visited, and she opened her DREAM WATCH!  She's been wanting one for a very long time.  Really, like, two years.  Grandma Mac is pretty up to speed on what to get the kids!

I think over all she had a great time, despite her little fall-apart attitude that hit around 3pm.  This may have been her last friend party....  time will tell.

She's been a delight in school, Mrs. Boren said last night at PT conferences.  She has great grades, though her reading scores are a little low.  But she is progressing at a steady pace in that area and has been since 1st grade, so there is no need for concern. Soon enough I am confident it will kick in, provided we keep at it. Her math skillz are crazy mad and she's a well liked child in class.  We're very happy about the report we received.

I am still in a state of disbelief when I look at how tall she's become.  It felt like yesterday that Dr. Hall handed her to me and Kyle and I became first time parents. 

Yesterday. 
I swear it was.

Comments

Paula Maurine said…
She is soooo beautiful!! I feel so terrible for forgetting to call! But it looks like she had an awesome birthday.....and I gotta say if that sparkly shirt was my size I would totally wear it!
She is getting so big. I can't wait to see what kind of young woman she will become. A great one, no doubt!

Popular posts from this blog

The Opposite of Christmas Morning

We are having the opposite of Christmas morning at our house.  No toys.  We have one of these for storing toys: And several of these for the same reason: And last night the kids thought dumping them out for the sake of dumping toys would be fun.  This is a major rule breaker in our home.  I have had problems with this in the past, (even Mykalee knows this) and i have told them if it happens again, all the toys will disappear. And last night, after I found out what they had done, the toys have been grounded.  FOR A WEEK.  I hope it's as devastating as possible, so that they will learn I am serious when it comes to dumping toys out. {Also, Brooklyn is the only one who is exempt from this, as she was in bed.  Innocent.} On a side note, we did get the kids this on Friday.  It was time.  They seem to love it.

Happy Birthday Catelyn!!!

Happy Birthday Catelyn!!!     Yesterday was you last day as a 6 year old.  Here we go for 7!!! I have picked out a few photos that I love of you, Catelyn, and hope that you know how special you are as you look at this post.   You truly are a Daughter of God and are so beautiful.   We are so glad you are a part of our family! *You love to play outside. *You like math, have struggled with reading, and love recess. *You stood with Amanda in that wedding line for 45 minutes.   *You are a girly girl.  Lipstick, makeup, nail polish and perfume make you happy. *You yell a lot.  We are working on an inside voice. * You seem to want to stop sucking your thumb.  *You love the computer. *You love to shop. *You have one year to be ready for your baptism! *When you fall asleep, you are out like a light! *You love your teacher, Ms. Bair. *You need a bigger bike. *You enjoy watching Phineas and Ferb. *You draw people really well, and ...

Breaking News: Brooklyn

Nothing like getting a sharp poke in the ear. Especially when you're two and an half and ASK for it. When Brooklyn was a baby I went to have her ears done, but decided to hold off, since her one ear lobe was so tiny, and her ears were very different in size. So I waited. For her to grow into her ears. And to grow some hair. Still waiting on the hair part, so earrings seemed like a great idea. She asked for them, and since we both wanted them, we went and got them. She picked out a pair, and viola, it was done. She said, "Owwwww!" once, and then laughed when the lady gave her a sucker and began modeling for me and Kyle.  All to show off her new earrings! Yup, seriously, she loves them.  It's pretty stinking cute.  She is constantly telling me, each time we clean and rotate them, "Mom, never take them out, 'kay?" Okay. Deal. And I did mention that we are waiting on some hair, but some is sprouting. So we're hopeful! See, she...