Jocelyn sure had a great time playing T ball. She wore a skirt to nearly every game, and people noticed! She got lots of comments about it, and even one guy asking if she'd want to play on an all girl's team next year. It was pretty funny. Owen coached her team again, along with another, and they were pretty darn cute!
Jocelyn has been loving the summer sun just as much as she did last year. She HATES having her hair done, and there have been days where at least three days has gone by before it sees a comb or pick. She's a nut and cries like a mad woman if I try to curl it.
I made her for photos for T Ball though. Cause I'm a good mom like that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Landon on the other hand, doesn't need a comb or pick or even gel these days. I accidentally shaved one side to high, and the next thing I new, we just buzzed it off. he loves it, and usually wants a hat anyway, so no big deal. It'll probably be just right come school.
His T Ball season ended with a bang! Mykalee and Amber coached the Wild Things once again, and it was a blast!
His last game, the only one the Wild Things lost, I might add- he was up to bat first! He hit that ball all the way over second base! By far, his farthest hit of the season. It was pretty cool and he got to second base.
When the inning switched, he was Rover, which he LOVES. He gets all prepped to catch a ball, and what do you know! A pop fly comes right at him. Now, Kyle and Landon have been practicing playing catch quite a bit lately, just in case this very thing happens! And what to my surprise? He catches it, and dropped it. darn it!
No big deal.
The next little batter steps up to bat and I kid you not, another pop-fly coming right at Landon!!! He catches this one, and again drops it! DARN IT AGAIN!
By this point, both sides of spectators are rooting and cheering, and this game is getting intense. Landon nearly had TWO OUTS right there!
And so up comes their third little batter, and you know what they say? THIRD TIMES A CHARM. By golly! I can't believe another pop-fly came at Landon, and this time? OH YEAH BABY! OUT! What are the odds that Landon would get three pop-flies in a row? I tell ya!
But then the coolest thing happened in ALL OF LANDON'S 3 YEARS OF T BALL!!!! He caught that pop-fly for sure, but it wasn't over..... he turned without missing a beat and tagged the runner on first who was headed to second! It was the most awesome moment! He got an UNASSISTED DOUBLE OUT! -Now, you should know, that kind of thing just doesn't really happen in T Ball.-
I wish Kyle could have been there.
We're up to bat again. Landon smacks it over second base, again. At this point, even some of the other teams moms have commented about how "On Fire" he is! And he was. I was squealing at him and cheering, and he'd barely look at me or anyone. He was either in the ZONE, or embarrassed or humble. I don't know which.
Last inning of his T Ball season, and he's on second base. I'm thinking the kid won't get much action and that's a bummer way to end the game and season. BUT TO MY SURPRISE! Landon catches a ball that rolled past the pitcher and tags the base. The cute little 12 year old of an Umpire called the kid safe. It was an out all the way, but our classy coaches aren't about to argue with a 12 year old.
I kid you not, again, Landon get the ball and tags the runner but the Ump calls him Safe, when clearly he was out.
THIRD TIME'S A CHARM, right? Well, this time Landon gets the ball and instead he misses the kid, who makes it to second base and the Umpire called him OUT! What a joke. That 12 year old really got under my skin.
It was a spectacular way to end the season. It was pretty great.
On top of that, Landon loved having Kayson over to play and has been wearing his swimming t-shirt, so he barely has a tan at all. But I've noticed freckles on his cheeks and ears. No matter how much sun screen I put on him, he (and Catelyn) are getting lots of Angel Kisses.



Comments