Skip to main content

Spring Break...s My Heart

We had oodles of rain!  What a lousy way to spend spring break!So what's a mom to do?  Get creative.  I let Catelyn bake for the first time!  She loved it.  I had her gather all the ingredients ALL by herself, (along with her friends)twice! She had McKyra over once for baking and Lauren another time  and then let her mix it all together, while I double checked their measurements.  

Good thing too, or we would have had a half cup of baking soda in our cookies instead of a half teaspoon.  It was a good lesson for her to learn, measuring stuff and knowing she could do it by herself.  After it was mixed, I walked away and let them scoop and bake.  They had the best time!


Meanwhile, I thought that hosting a FHE with the Wards would be a great idea and it was!  The kids hunted for eggs that were filled with little bits of the story of Jesus' resurrection.  then they hunted for eggs filled with treats!  We had dinner first, which was chaotic, but totally fun.  Our kids play really well together, and Kyle and I enjoy the company of Jason and Jaci very much.

Landon and the little girls had loads of fun over spring break, despite the cold weather, playing with our neighbor friends and having friends over to play.

I just wish the weather would have been warmer.

Then over conference, we watched quite a bit of it, and the kids were near death (if you ask them) but we just hung out as a family at home and woke up to Mother Nature's April Fool's joke, SNOW.

See, I told you Spring Breaks Our Hearts.



Nothing like eating Cheetos....
Tidbits:

*Brooklyn's ear infection is totally better. Her birthday is in a week and she wants a horse and 'rula' hoop.
*Jocelyn's had ear aches for two days. She still loves to wear her dance out fit daily and has decided to learn to write her name for kindergarten. She was brokenhearted all day Saturday because she said she missed me because I was gone for so long Friday.  Which we were, on the Jazz Bus, gone for 12 hours. She and I made cookies by ourselves as a special time together.
*Landon is reading like crazy. He is still a crazy boy, but he's so tender hearted that I melt when I catch him playing with his sisters or when he snuggles up to me in bed in the morning.
*Catelyn's working on keeping her room organized, though at the moment it needs work. And doing something secret for me everyday. In return I am trying to do a secret thing for her.  A suggestion from her school counselor, which is a great idea!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Opposite of Christmas Morning

We are having the opposite of Christmas morning at our house.  No toys.  We have one of these for storing toys: And several of these for the same reason: And last night the kids thought dumping them out for the sake of dumping toys would be fun.  This is a major rule breaker in our home.  I have had problems with this in the past, (even Mykalee knows this) and i have told them if it happens again, all the toys will disappear. And last night, after I found out what they had done, the toys have been grounded.  FOR A WEEK.  I hope it's as devastating as possible, so that they will learn I am serious when it comes to dumping toys out. {Also, Brooklyn is the only one who is exempt from this, as she was in bed.  Innocent.} On a side note, we did get the kids this on Friday.  It was time.  They seem to love it.

Happy Birthday Catelyn!!!

Happy Birthday Catelyn!!!     Yesterday was you last day as a 6 year old.  Here we go for 7!!! I have picked out a few photos that I love of you, Catelyn, and hope that you know how special you are as you look at this post.   You truly are a Daughter of God and are so beautiful.   We are so glad you are a part of our family! *You love to play outside. *You like math, have struggled with reading, and love recess. *You stood with Amanda in that wedding line for 45 minutes.   *You are a girly girl.  Lipstick, makeup, nail polish and perfume make you happy. *You yell a lot.  We are working on an inside voice. * You seem to want to stop sucking your thumb.  *You love the computer. *You love to shop. *You have one year to be ready for your baptism! *When you fall asleep, you are out like a light! *You love your teacher, Ms. Bair. *You need a bigger bike. *You enjoy watching Phineas and Ferb. *You draw people really well, and ...

Breaking News: Brooklyn

Nothing like getting a sharp poke in the ear. Especially when you're two and an half and ASK for it. When Brooklyn was a baby I went to have her ears done, but decided to hold off, since her one ear lobe was so tiny, and her ears were very different in size. So I waited. For her to grow into her ears. And to grow some hair. Still waiting on the hair part, so earrings seemed like a great idea. She asked for them, and since we both wanted them, we went and got them. She picked out a pair, and viola, it was done. She said, "Owwwww!" once, and then laughed when the lady gave her a sucker and began modeling for me and Kyle.  All to show off her new earrings! Yup, seriously, she loves them.  It's pretty stinking cute.  She is constantly telling me, each time we clean and rotate them, "Mom, never take them out, 'kay?" Okay. Deal. And I did mention that we are waiting on some hair, but some is sprouting. So we're hopeful! See, she...