Catelyn is friends with Daphne Wight. The daughter of a friend of mine from childhood. Chris Wight and I grew up in the same ward, all our lives. And I kinda wish I had one photo of us as kids together as proof. We just were that close, I suppose.
But here it is, years later, and they are friends. And it's hilarious because they are desperately trying to figure out how they are "related". You read that right.
Family knows, but for those who don't: My dad's brother, Lorin, married Nicki, who is Chris' sister, and now Daphne is Lorin's niece because of the marriage. I know. Genealogy is nuts some times. They aren't related, but for the sake of my sanity in trying to explain it to them, I finally confessed that they are cousins, but distant cousins. Which they're not.
Oh well.
Let 'em think they're related. Who's it gonna hurt?
They played really well together, for, well....all day.
It was darling. I am so glad they are friends.
But here it is, years later, and they are friends. And it's hilarious because they are desperately trying to figure out how they are "related". You read that right.
Family knows, but for those who don't: My dad's brother, Lorin, married Nicki, who is Chris' sister, and now Daphne is Lorin's niece because of the marriage. I know. Genealogy is nuts some times. They aren't related, but for the sake of my sanity in trying to explain it to them, I finally confessed that they are cousins, but distant cousins. Which they're not.
Oh well.
Let 'em think they're related. Who's it gonna hurt?
They played really well together, for, well....all day.
It was darling. I am so glad they are friends.
Comments
kyle