Kyle and I were talking last night at the dinner table about the duel of a basketball game the Elders and High Priests are going to be having this coming Saturday. Kyle said, "Is there any question as to who will win?!" {Yes, you sense pride.} He is blatantly sure the High Priests will, you see.
Hesitantly, and without wanting to hurt his ego, I said, "Isn't there a chance though, that the Elders could win?"
On went a discussion about size, speed, and strength of men in our ward. the kids were eating, but more importantly LISTENING.
Again, Kyle asked, "Who do you think will win?"
And without any hesitation, Landon blurted out nice and loud, "Boise State!"

Kyle and Kelly have him so trained. It was hilarious.
Then this morning, as I was doing Jocelyn's hair, and he was doing his {Yes! He totally does his own and it usually looks pretty good!} I asked if I could tell them a story.
"A long time ago there was a young man
named Joseph Smith.. . "
I was interrupted by, "Mom! I know this story." So matter of fact was he.
And so instead of telling the story of Joseph Smith's first vision, I just quizzed the kid.
Yep, he knows the story pretty well. Here are a few questions I asked him, and his answers.
Q. What did Joseph do? A. He prayed to know what church was true.
Q. Where did he go? A. The woods.
Q. What happened when he prayed? A. He talked to Jesus and Heavenly Father.
Q.What did they tell him? A. That our church was true.
Landon is pretty awesome.
Hesitantly, and without wanting to hurt his ego, I said, "Isn't there a chance though, that the Elders could win?"
On went a discussion about size, speed, and strength of men in our ward. the kids were eating, but more importantly LISTENING.
Again, Kyle asked, "Who do you think will win?"
And without any hesitation, Landon blurted out nice and loud, "Boise State!"

Kyle and Kelly have him so trained. It was hilarious.
☺
Then this morning, as I was doing Jocelyn's hair, and he was doing his {Yes! He totally does his own and it usually looks pretty good!} I asked if I could tell them a story.
"A long time ago there was a young man
named Joseph Smith.. . "
I was interrupted by, "Mom! I know this story." So matter of fact was he.
And so instead of telling the story of Joseph Smith's first vision, I just quizzed the kid.Yep, he knows the story pretty well. Here are a few questions I asked him, and his answers.
Q. What did Joseph do? A. He prayed to know what church was true.
Q. Where did he go? A. The woods.
Q. What happened when he prayed? A. He talked to Jesus and Heavenly Father.
Q.What did they tell him? A. That our church was true.
Landon is pretty awesome.
Comments
You need to teach him right about FOOTBALL though. He should have said,
"BYU!!!" :)
This tells me that maybe it's time to start teaching/talking about football in preschool?! ;)
Landon is a very bright kid! Pretty awesome in fact!