I think the older two have it figured out.
That, and the difference between straw and hey.
It's officially FALL, and I busted out the Halloween decor, but what's got me in the mood really is our ANNUAL PACK CORN MARATHON. Also known as Corn Harvest. The corn is so TALL this year. The tallest we've had in YEARS. My mom was right when she said Dean would be proud of it! You don't want to know why. Okay, I'll tell.
It was the fertilizer. It wasn't from animals or plants. 'Nuff said. (Just so anyone who might be grossed out by this, you should know, it's a big deal, and it's done all around the world. Cool thing however- it's clearly treated and turned into a liquid form, just like other fertilizer he could have bought, and was FREE. It's highly coveted stuff; you have to get on a waiting list for it, and this year my dad's number came up! Woo hoo!)
But I also think it's because LIGHTNING actually struck a tree out on the pasture just north of the corn field. I think it shot so much energy into the ground right there that the corn had no other choice. It had to grow up fast! Hee Hee! The only way out, was up! It's nearly 12 feet tall in the middle of the field. This photo was taken just a block from mom's house. (Not the middle of the field, per se.)
Things were moving along GREAT until mom jinxed it. She posted about it on facebook, that they were nearly done, and within 30 minutes, the Cat broke down. Hopefully they'll be up and running and finished however, tomorrow.
I plan to take photos of the fried tree. It's make this post that much more insightful. All the grass around the tree is fried too, but the corn, well, as you can see.....

Comments