Skip to main content

Catelyn's Testimony


To make a long story short, I have been encouraging Catelyn to share her testimony in sacrament meeting for months. To no avail.

She watches her little primary classmates do it, some with mom holding their hands and whispering in their ears and others all on their own. She seems to enjoy it and says she knows she can do just that she doesn't want to.

Until yesterday.

I am so proud of my nearly 7 year old daughter. She was nervous as ever to walk up there, and wanted me to join her. I told her that Kyle would be there, if she needed help. But she wanted me to help her make the walk up.

So I did.

And she stood at the pulpit all uprgith and ready and then turned to me and whispered,"I forgot how to start."

After a simple whisper of "I'd like to bare my testimony. . ." she took over and shared her sweet little testimony all by herself. Honestly, I wish I could remember what she said. I will have to ask Kyle. I was just so shocked and proud of her that I had a hard time keeping up with what she was saying.

But it doesnt' matter. She did it. And afterwords we had a tender little talk in whisper mode about how she felt, why her heart felt so warm and what was harder, shareing her testimony or walkign up there.

She said she felt good inside, and that her heart felt warm because that was the Holy Ghost talking to her, and she seriously said, "It was harder to walk up there than to talk into the microphone."


Well done Catelyn. I know Heavenly Father is happy with your choice to share your testimony for the first time. I hope you continue to share it, out loud, and learn that there isn't anything scary about it at all. Faith can replace fear if you let it. If you know the church is true, you should never fuss about what others might think. Saying your testimony out loud gives it more power and more conviction within your heart and mind, honey. And that is just what Satan doesn't want you to know or learn. So you show him. And show your Heavenly Father, that you know He loves you and has a plan for you. Because Dad and I know He does. So never doubt it sweetie.

And yes, I did bribe you with your choice of a friend over to play today or a dollar. It was worth it. You had a pretty cool experience, and so did Dad and I. And you chose a friend over money. That too speaks loud and clear to me that you value your friends more than money.

May you always feel that way.

Love,
Mom

Comments

Jill said…
That is so so sweet. You reminded me that I need to journal about my boys doing the same thing! Your little kiddos are so dang cute.
Amy Savage said…
Good job Catelyn! I, too, was proud. I'm always so proud of those primary kids who brave the walk up there. You know that even though they don't always speak eloquently and stuff, their testimonies and feelings are so pure. I sure love it.
Camille said…
Catelyn, it was pure Awesome! I had tears in my eyes as I watched and listened to your sweet testimony. The tears came even more when I looked at your momma and saw the pure joy on her face.
Erinn said…
faith can replace fear if you let it. love that, it seems so simple but sometimes is so hard!

Catelyn was so cute up there... seeing little kids go up there is my favorite thing ever. love that she did such a hard thing!
Autumn said…
I loved listening to her! She did a grat job! Children's testimonies are always so sweet and pure.
Court n Chad said…
Way to go Cate! It can be a bit scary to get up there, but you did it! I'm proud of you girl.

Popular posts from this blog

The Opposite of Christmas Morning

We are having the opposite of Christmas morning at our house.  No toys.  We have one of these for storing toys: And several of these for the same reason: And last night the kids thought dumping them out for the sake of dumping toys would be fun.  This is a major rule breaker in our home.  I have had problems with this in the past, (even Mykalee knows this) and i have told them if it happens again, all the toys will disappear. And last night, after I found out what they had done, the toys have been grounded.  FOR A WEEK.  I hope it's as devastating as possible, so that they will learn I am serious when it comes to dumping toys out. {Also, Brooklyn is the only one who is exempt from this, as she was in bed.  Innocent.} On a side note, we did get the kids this on Friday.  It was time.  They seem to love it.

Happy Birthday Catelyn!!!

Happy Birthday Catelyn!!!     Yesterday was you last day as a 6 year old.  Here we go for 7!!! I have picked out a few photos that I love of you, Catelyn, and hope that you know how special you are as you look at this post.   You truly are a Daughter of God and are so beautiful.   We are so glad you are a part of our family! *You love to play outside. *You like math, have struggled with reading, and love recess. *You stood with Amanda in that wedding line for 45 minutes.   *You are a girly girl.  Lipstick, makeup, nail polish and perfume make you happy. *You yell a lot.  We are working on an inside voice. * You seem to want to stop sucking your thumb.  *You love the computer. *You love to shop. *You have one year to be ready for your baptism! *When you fall asleep, you are out like a light! *You love your teacher, Ms. Bair. *You need a bigger bike. *You enjoy watching Phineas and Ferb. *You draw people really well, and ...

Breaking News: Brooklyn

Nothing like getting a sharp poke in the ear. Especially when you're two and an half and ASK for it. When Brooklyn was a baby I went to have her ears done, but decided to hold off, since her one ear lobe was so tiny, and her ears were very different in size. So I waited. For her to grow into her ears. And to grow some hair. Still waiting on the hair part, so earrings seemed like a great idea. She asked for them, and since we both wanted them, we went and got them. She picked out a pair, and viola, it was done. She said, "Owwwww!" once, and then laughed when the lady gave her a sucker and began modeling for me and Kyle.  All to show off her new earrings! Yup, seriously, she loves them.  It's pretty stinking cute.  She is constantly telling me, each time we clean and rotate them, "Mom, never take them out, 'kay?" Okay. Deal. And I did mention that we are waiting on some hair, but some is sprouting. So we're hopeful! See, she...