This is the Lava School House. We went to this 5,000 sq ft "house" that was a school for a family reunion/getaway with Kyle's family. It was pretty great. My kids LOVED it! The gym was perfect for getting out the wiggles. The kitchen was large and spacious, with a couch and plenty of table space. A washer and dryer to clean up wet towels, and the shirts kids spill on. There was ample room for sleeping arragements, enough bathroom space and enough hot water for all. We arrived on Friday evening, had dinner and got settled in. The next morning the kids hit the snow with their grandma to sled and play.
Apparently Jocelyn was a little hesitant to walk on the snow, as she kept sinking in. I wish I had been there for that. But at 32 weeks pregnant, we aren't taking any risks like sledding. After sledding, we all rested and had lunch and then went swimming at Lava Hot Springs, where the water was barely luke warm in my opinion. For a hot spings, you would think that it would be really nice warm water...instead my little kids were shivering. If you got to moving around a lot, it wasn't so bad, but 2 year olds are clingers not swimmers. So that was a bit short lived, much to my dismay. I like being in the water, but not if I am cold. And my kids LOVE the water, but it was harder for Cate without her lifejacket. With it she is fearless. Without it, she clings to you or the wall or the stairs. Oh well, it was still one of their favorite parts of the trip. I thought I had taken a few more photos, but alas, I didn't.
It was very fun!! Thanks Grandma Mac and Grandpa Kelly for the good food, fun games, and new memories we have! We can't wait to do something like this again.
After a few days in Lava with the Larsen side, we headed to Utah to visit Chad and Courtney. We spent Tuesday morning at the Bean Museum, in Provo.
The kids loved this museum more than a zoo! No wonder when ever animal holds perfectly still and is actually visible. Not to mention you don't have to walk forever in hopes of seeing a rhino, crocodile, or liger. They couldn't contain themselves. We were really surprised at what a hit this place (which was free! even better!) was for the four older kids.
Thanks C and C for taking us! We loved it!
This is just a close up of the curls Jocelyn is growing. Aren't they great?? I have been really surprised and tickled with her hair. I don't know if it will keep up, but the longer her hair grows the more riglet-y it gets. So, for now, we just love it and take it!
The photos you are about to view are truly Jocelyn's first real big pout sit out moment in a public place. She wasn't crying, she was just mad. Piping hot mad. Can you tell I was really excited to capture this on camera. I kept hoping for even more pouty faces and bigger frowns and a major bottom lip. We were with Chad and Courtney at the Bean Museum taking in some stuffed animals.



Apparently Jocelyn was a little hesitant to walk on the snow, as she kept sinking in. I wish I had been there for that. But at 32 weeks pregnant, we aren't taking any risks like sledding. After sledding, we all rested and had lunch and then went swimming at Lava Hot Springs, where the water was barely luke warm in my opinion. For a hot spings, you would think that it would be really nice warm water...instead my little kids were shivering. If you got to moving around a lot, it wasn't so bad, but 2 year olds are clingers not swimmers. So that was a bit short lived, much to my dismay. I like being in the water, but not if I am cold. And my kids LOVE the water, but it was harder for Cate without her lifejacket. With it she is fearless. Without it, she clings to you or the wall or the stairs. Oh well, it was still one of their favorite parts of the trip. I thought I had taken a few more photos, but alas, I didn't.
It was very fun!! Thanks Grandma Mac and Grandpa Kelly for the good food, fun games, and new memories we have! We can't wait to do something like this again.
After a few days in Lava with the Larsen side, we headed to Utah to visit Chad and Courtney. We spent Tuesday morning at the Bean Museum, in Provo.
The kids loved this museum more than a zoo! No wonder when ever animal holds perfectly still and is actually visible. Not to mention you don't have to walk forever in hopes of seeing a rhino, crocodile, or liger. They couldn't contain themselves. We were really surprised at what a hit this place (which was free! even better!) was for the four older kids.
Thanks C and C for taking us! We loved it!
This is just a close up of the curls Jocelyn is growing. Aren't they great?? I have been really surprised and tickled with her hair. I don't know if it will keep up, but the longer her hair grows the more riglet-y it gets. So, for now, we just love it and take it!
The photos you are about to view are truly Jocelyn's first real big pout sit out moment in a public place. She wasn't crying, she was just mad. Piping hot mad. Can you tell I was really excited to capture this on camera. I kept hoping for even more pouty faces and bigger frowns and a major bottom lip. We were with Chad and Courtney at the Bean Museum taking in some stuffed animals.



Getting home from Utah is a whole other long sob story. It took us 5 hours. I was the one dying too. The kids were annoyingly happy and didn't fight once. Can you belive it? We didn't even have a DVD player. Kyle bought some gummy worms and they spent over an hour playing with them. Weirdos.
The roads were awful, and it's official once again, some Utah drivers are insane, I swear.
But we made it home safely for which we thank the Lord and look forward to our Utah family members coming to see us next...when Baby B arrives!
The last three days of our vacation were spent at home, hanging out with the kids and doing nothing of great importance. It was really nice to to vegg out and watch some movies with them and think of how we are going to spend our tax return....hahaha.
Until our next vacation, we will relish these fun memories!
The roads were awful, and it's official once again, some Utah drivers are insane, I swear.
But we made it home safely for which we thank the Lord and look forward to our Utah family members coming to see us next...when Baby B arrives!
The last three days of our vacation were spent at home, hanging out with the kids and doing nothing of great importance. It was really nice to to vegg out and watch some movies with them and think of how we are going to spend our tax return....hahaha.
Until our next vacation, we will relish these fun memories!

















Comments