Halloween isn't one of my favorite 'holidays' as I am not sure that I feel it's a holiday. Anyway, the kids sure had a great time. I do feel however that Halloween can have some great family tradtions behind it. I really like the idea of trick-or-treating door to door. To me, that is what it's about. I do not like Trunk-or-Treats. For lots of reasons, but I won't go into that.
So this particular Halloween, I dressed the kids up and went door to door from about 3-4:30. We had a great time and they LOVED it. Plus, it gave them a memory that I want them to have. We had a quick pizza that Kyle brought home from Little Ceasars. We then rushed out the door to the ward trunk or treat, and then door to door by way of car to both grandma Cindy and Mac, and then to Grandpa Dean's. When we got to Sage Lakes, Catelyn wanted to go more....so Landon and Kyle and Jocelyn hung out with Mac and Kelly and got to answer the door, while Cate and I tackled several more doors. It was really fun. The weather was INCREDIBLE for Idaho Falls. It's never that warm on a Halloween night. It was pretty cool! Here are a few of my favorite photos from the night.
Also we hit the school Halloween party earlier in the week, and that was pretty fun for the kids as well. And Cate and Landon went to a friends' Halloween party! {Thanks Joshua Michael!!} Hope everyone else's Halloween was nostalgic and all.
Now the countdown is really on for holidays for us. Every few weeks we have something to look forward to between now and the Tax Day.
Thanksgiving Nov. 27
Grandma Mac's Birthday Dec. 2
Janelle's Birthday Dec. 4
My Birthday Dec. 18
Christmas Dec. 25
New Years Jan. 1
Grandma Cindy's Birthday Jan. 10
Jocelyn's Birthday Jan. 27
Landon's Birthday Feb. 2
Valentines Day Feb. 14
St. Patricks Day Mar. 17
Catelyn's Birthday Mar. 19
April Fools Day April 1
Conference Weekend
Baby Due April 15 (and mind you my babies come early, so the 15th is stretching it...I don't think we will make it to that day.)
So this particular Halloween, I dressed the kids up and went door to door from about 3-4:30. We had a great time and they LOVED it. Plus, it gave them a memory that I want them to have. We had a quick pizza that Kyle brought home from Little Ceasars. We then rushed out the door to the ward trunk or treat, and then door to door by way of car to both grandma Cindy and Mac, and then to Grandpa Dean's. When we got to Sage Lakes, Catelyn wanted to go more....so Landon and Kyle and Jocelyn hung out with Mac and Kelly and got to answer the door, while Cate and I tackled several more doors. It was really fun. The weather was INCREDIBLE for Idaho Falls. It's never that warm on a Halloween night. It was pretty cool! Here are a few of my favorite photos from the night.
Also we hit the school Halloween party earlier in the week, and that was pretty fun for the kids as well. And Cate and Landon went to a friends' Halloween party! {Thanks Joshua Michael!!} Hope everyone else's Halloween was nostalgic and all.
Now the countdown is really on for holidays for us. Every few weeks we have something to look forward to between now and the Tax Day.
Thanksgiving Nov. 27
Grandma Mac's Birthday Dec. 2
Janelle's Birthday Dec. 4
My Birthday Dec. 18
Christmas Dec. 25
New Years Jan. 1
Grandma Cindy's Birthday Jan. 10
Jocelyn's Birthday Jan. 27
Landon's Birthday Feb. 2
Valentines Day Feb. 14
St. Patricks Day Mar. 17
Catelyn's Birthday Mar. 19
April Fools Day April 1
Conference Weekend
Baby Due April 15 (and mind you my babies come early, so the 15th is stretching it...I don't think we will make it to that day.)




Comments