Landon's birthday. Thankfully his memory of it is probably better than mine--in that he was
a little clueless as to how bad it was.
I didn't make cake. Just wasn't an option. We sold the house on January 30th, and the buyers wanted the inspection as soon as possible, which landed on Landon's birthday. We were to be gone for four hours while they did the inspection. The minute our Realtor, and dear friend, Matt heard the news, he texted me and told me not to worry about making a cake for the party.
I moved the party to Maverick, where I bought the boys a F'Real Milk Shake. They thought that was awesome. (Whew!) When we were done, Matt called and told us to come over. He had made cupcakes for Landon and invited us to hang out there until we could go home.
The boys had a blast eating their treats and opening presents there. After a while of messing around--boys are so easily entertained--we headed home and they shot hoops for a while instead of watching the movie we had planned. (Have to catch Flight of the Navigator another time.)
I think he had a great time, and I hope he appreciates the generosity and compassion Matt showed to him, and to me, that day. His buddies gave him some pretty great gifts. His grandparents gave him some great gifts, too. He received two basketballs, a hat, a robot and a new suit (from us) along with the dream of all dream gifts for a ten year old--an iPod!
Technically, the iPod is Kyle's old phone, and he enjoys being able to text, listen to the music we put on it, the LDS app, and of course, a few games.
a little clueless as to how bad it was.
I didn't make cake. Just wasn't an option. We sold the house on January 30th, and the buyers wanted the inspection as soon as possible, which landed on Landon's birthday. We were to be gone for four hours while they did the inspection. The minute our Realtor, and dear friend, Matt heard the news, he texted me and told me not to worry about making a cake for the party.
![]() |
| Garrett, Hunter, and Kaden |
![]() |
| At Matt's, with the boys and Matt's son Isaac. |
I moved the party to Maverick, where I bought the boys a F'Real Milk Shake. They thought that was awesome. (Whew!) When we were done, Matt called and told us to come over. He had made cupcakes for Landon and invited us to hang out there until we could go home.
The boys had a blast eating their treats and opening presents there. After a while of messing around--boys are so easily entertained--we headed home and they shot hoops for a while instead of watching the movie we had planned. (Have to catch Flight of the Navigator another time.)
I think he had a great time, and I hope he appreciates the generosity and compassion Matt showed to him, and to me, that day. His buddies gave him some pretty great gifts. His grandparents gave him some great gifts, too. He received two basketballs, a hat, a robot and a new suit (from us) along with the dream of all dream gifts for a ten year old--an iPod!
Technically, the iPod is Kyle's old phone, and he enjoys being able to text, listen to the music we put on it, the LDS app, and of course, a few games.
Also, the kid's basketball season is over. As a team, they had two wins. Individually, he was quite the little Malone. Landon Carlisle was pretty good to pass him the ball and then Landon was pretty good at sinking them. His team knew if they wanted to score, to give Landon the ball. We were constantly encouraging him to be a good sport and not a ball hog.










Comments