On Friday, Brooklyn complained of a sore throat. On Monday, the first day of break, I took her into the doctor after hearing her complaints all weekend. For a sore throat, the actual diagnosis was an ear infection. Oh, goody.
On Wednesday, Jocelyn crashed hard on me. At 10 am, after a few hours of happy-go-lucky-Jo, she crawled into my bed. She didn't get out of it until I took her to the doctor at 4. She kept complaining her stomach hurt, but she also had a fever. I decided it would be better to get her in the day before Thanksgiving, rather than need to visit the E.R. the next day.
Good call, mom. Because while I was certain she'd picked up Strep from Brooklyn, she ended up puking twice at the doctors and again at Walgreens while we were picking up her meds--for her bladder infections. Yeah. You read that right. She didnt' have strep. Just a solid infection. Within 24 hours, she was doing 10 times better.
Go figure.
Since then, Jocelyn's rebounded 100%, as has Brooklyn, with the exception of her skin. At first, I thought it was just a delayed allergic reaction to her antibiotics. But now, I'm not so sure. We're keeping tabs with the doctor....
But to document it, she had had hives the following week--Dec 11ish. I'm not exactly sure, but I know she still had them on Sunday, the 14th. It's the 18th, and she still has them. We thought they might be chicken pox, but they're not behaving like the pox at all. Not that itchy and the hives are limited to her trunk, despite the few along her hair line. and there is no pus or goo involved. They're dry and rough. It's so weird.
| These are the bumps.... hmmm. |
A.J. has suggested just keeping tabs on it for another 10 days... So time will tell. If I panic, I have a dermatologist on speed dial. Thankfully, he's a friend, too.
Comments