I thought it would be clever to sell something other than lemonade.
Now I just know that other moms are smarter than me.
Taking an idea and running with it, left me outside four four hours, painting kid's faces-- some who paid and others who just got away with it because....
I thought I'd mow the lawn and work out side, and take breaks as needed to paint faces.
As if.
I was swamped.
And I was doing pretty good, until one kid asked for
Lightening McQueen.
And after I scoffed at my lack of skills, he changed his mind for
An ANGRY BIRD.
Oh boy.
But it was so fun, and I am so glad I spent the day outside with the kids. It was the most perfect weather, and not a breeze to be felt.
And even if they only made $4 (after expenses) Catelyn, Landon, Jocelyn and Brooklyn had the best time, begging to do it again "tomorrow."
Yeah, I think I like the idea of Lemonade a whole lot better.
Takes less of MY time.
But knowing me, you guessed it.
I'll not be giving them lemonade to sell.
Oh no.
Next comes a bigger, more profitable plan.
Which will take some time on my part, but hey, they're worth it.
I love letting my kids enjoy summer, they way a kid should.
Comments