So they loved it more than I thought they would. There's something about playing against your parents as a kid that is so fun. They were hilarious. IT was such a perfect night for a game. The weather is quickly turning cold, and I am so glad we had this night to be together with our family and good friends for a healthy game of kickball. It's amazing how quickly the kids picked up to it, and ran their little hearts out.
Then when the cousins arrived, we had lots to do...like share suckers and pat each other's cheeks a lot. Landon and Kayson are such good buddies and this past summer I did something I've never done before.
I let Landon go to Utah, with my brother Blake, and spend four days down there. They were (according to Chad) scheming and planning lots to do, and had a great time doing it all.
Jocelyn and Ella are really taking to each other too these days, which is also fun. They played babies and seemed to really have fun together.
Brooklyn is a great little tag along, and the girls didn't seem to mind. And then poor Cate, she really needs a cousin her age around more often. She's like me in that sense, I grew up with out cousins close by that were my same age. Oh well.
She did love toting Sawyer around. I wish I would have gotten a photo of that!
Such fun times. I even let the kids skip a day of school while they were here to play. It was such a good way to play hooky from school.
Comments