Skip to main content

Brooklyn Update

Got sick.  Not a fun way to spend a Sunday.
Brooklyn got a weird rash, one that we can only assume was 5th, and it moved from her face to her arms to her legs....and then came a fever and then she was better, and then she wasn't...and it went on for a while.  Dr. Lindsay Sewell took a look at her, and has been to keep tabs on her, as she rode it out. 

We were out of the clear I thought, until last week she climbed up on my lap at Mac and Kelly's at 6 pm and was burning hot and said, "Mom, I's tired."  She nearly fell asleep right there.

She had a fairly rough night, and I decided somewhere between her cries, to not go to church the next day, even though I was supposed to be subbing for someone, but what can you do?  Kyle had assignments in another ward, and thus, we didn't get up for church.  Well, I did, to make a few calls to let the SS President know, but other than that, we all slept.  And the kids got up around 8:30 and I made them be extra quiet, while Brooklyn slept in.

At 10, I thought okay, "She's wiped out, but she'll be up any minute."
10:30 I was worried, and checked on her.  Still out.  Still hot.
11:00 I was starting to really worry.  So unlike a child to sleep so long.
11:30 I started texting Kyle, trying to keep calm.
By 11:50, I had had enough, and decided to wake her up and get some fluids in her.

I don't need her in the hospital again.

We held her all day.

And she had a rough day....crashing several time for short cat naps.  And she crawled up on the couch once, and crashed all by herself.

It was a long day for us all.

And then, around 8 pm, she came back to us, and we thought, "Well, I guess we'll let her stay up a bit."

The next morning, she was just fine.

Weird.

Then a little later that week, we had Lucas over.  Her best-ie.  She loves Lucas and Camille.  really.  This isn't a new thing.

And so I went out with them, to jump. 

And well, Lucas wasn't such a fan, and Brooklyn couldn't figure his problem out.  {I hope Camille doesn't mind that I let him cry it out a bit, while I took photos of it!}

She was pretty sweet, trying hard to get him to play with her, and in the end, she gave up on him and decided to have a good time anyway.  I took him off the tramp and she jumped alone.  The photos below show you---  She tried...she gave up.  Don't blame her.

Oh well.  Next time, okay Lucas?




Comments

Camille said…
ha ha that is so funny! Thanks for trying Brooklyn.

Popular posts from this blog

The Opposite of Christmas Morning

We are having the opposite of Christmas morning at our house.  No toys.  We have one of these for storing toys: And several of these for the same reason: And last night the kids thought dumping them out for the sake of dumping toys would be fun.  This is a major rule breaker in our home.  I have had problems with this in the past, (even Mykalee knows this) and i have told them if it happens again, all the toys will disappear. And last night, after I found out what they had done, the toys have been grounded.  FOR A WEEK.  I hope it's as devastating as possible, so that they will learn I am serious when it comes to dumping toys out. {Also, Brooklyn is the only one who is exempt from this, as she was in bed.  Innocent.} On a side note, we did get the kids this on Friday.  It was time.  They seem to love it.

Happy Birthday Catelyn!!!

Happy Birthday Catelyn!!!     Yesterday was you last day as a 6 year old.  Here we go for 7!!! I have picked out a few photos that I love of you, Catelyn, and hope that you know how special you are as you look at this post.   You truly are a Daughter of God and are so beautiful.   We are so glad you are a part of our family! *You love to play outside. *You like math, have struggled with reading, and love recess. *You stood with Amanda in that wedding line for 45 minutes.   *You are a girly girl.  Lipstick, makeup, nail polish and perfume make you happy. *You yell a lot.  We are working on an inside voice. * You seem to want to stop sucking your thumb.  *You love the computer. *You love to shop. *You have one year to be ready for your baptism! *When you fall asleep, you are out like a light! *You love your teacher, Ms. Bair. *You need a bigger bike. *You enjoy watching Phineas and Ferb. *You draw people really well, and ...

Breaking News: Brooklyn

Nothing like getting a sharp poke in the ear. Especially when you're two and an half and ASK for it. When Brooklyn was a baby I went to have her ears done, but decided to hold off, since her one ear lobe was so tiny, and her ears were very different in size. So I waited. For her to grow into her ears. And to grow some hair. Still waiting on the hair part, so earrings seemed like a great idea. She asked for them, and since we both wanted them, we went and got them. She picked out a pair, and viola, it was done. She said, "Owwwww!" once, and then laughed when the lady gave her a sucker and began modeling for me and Kyle.  All to show off her new earrings! Yup, seriously, she loves them.  It's pretty stinking cute.  She is constantly telling me, each time we clean and rotate them, "Mom, never take them out, 'kay?" Okay. Deal. And I did mention that we are waiting on some hair, but some is sprouting. So we're hopeful! See, she...