Skip to main content

Speaking of Slow

It's not that I haven't had stuff to blog about with the kids.  I have.  I just haven't made time for it.  I really have been busy with Christmas preparations and holiday busyness, that I just haven't been online much.  So, here's an update:

Catelyn

She has been reading like MAD!  It's been great!  She finished a little chapter book in 4 days!  A record for her, I think!  We went and checked out 5 more little books for the holiday break!  Her goal is to read all 5 before the new year!  I doubt she will finish, but she has a great goal and attitude about it.

One thing we stated doing different with her reading is sending them all to bed at 7 pm.  Sharp.  She is then allowed to read for her twenty minutes in bed.  Unfortunately but gratefully, we forget about her a bit and she usually comes upstairs 40-80 minutes later asking us if it's been 20 minutes!  So then she is late for bed, but truly has read and read and read!

She seems to really be enjoying her dance class too.  We switched over from Dance A to Dance B and have been much happier.  Dance A was just getting to weird for me, and inconvenient.  I think Cate loves to go to dance with her friends too!

Landon

Kindergarten has been a blast for Landon so far!  He seems to love Mrs. Davenport, and has several friends in his class.  He comes home happy nearly every day!  He is a little womanizer, though.  He usually has something like this to say to me:
Laney held my hand today at school, mom.
I like Laney.  She my girlfriend.
Can Laney come over to play?
So, yes Laney is his new girlfriend, little rascal.  We have talked about how we dont' have girlfriends until we are 16.  Lover boy!  He also says funny stuff like this, that I am sure he gets from school:
Never be a bully, be a friend!

Landon broke out with little zits all around his mouth about a week ago.  I wasn't ever able to figure out what the deal was.  Dry skin?  Sickness? Puberty? (Okay, it wasnt' that.  His voice is still a sweet soprano.)  He became very congested at the same time.  Related?  Don't know.  He didn't run a fever or anything, so I didn't see any reason to spend money to have a doctor tell me he would be fine.  I decided to wait it out a few days.  Glad I did.  He is looking fine, and he has acted fine the whole time too.

Jocelyn

Our busy little booger is becoming quite the little lady.  Sassy and silly.  She hasn't had much going on in her little world lately.  She has recently been crying at nights about sleeping in her room alone, so we switched the kids around, again.  She and Landon now share the bunk bed.  She has to sleep on the bottom. No more broken arms.

She got to go her friend Cooper's birthday party.  He turned 4 and it was He-Man themed.  She walked around for a week asking me who the guy on the invitation was.  He man, I would say.  Oh yea, I forgot mom!  It was a daily thing for her.  She may have been the only girl at the party, but I dont' know and I am sure she didn't care one lick!

Jocelyn and Brooklyn have been playing together fairly well in the morning.  Both of them love to sit and watch a Dora these days, too.

Brooklyn

Her vocabulary is growing every day.  No joke yesterday I heard her say:

Shush it!

As in shut up.

Nice.

She has also picked up WHY.  I try hard to give her an answer, even though I know she isn't really asking me why.  We had this little conversation yesterday.

Brooklyn: Where's DoJo?
Me: In the bathroom.
B: Why?
M: Because she needs to go potty!
B: Why?
M: Because when we eat food, we have to go potty.
B: Why?
M: Because that is the way God designed our bodies.
B: Why:
M: (Frustrated and somewhat irritated) I don't know! Ask him!  (Pause.)  Go play.
B: Why?
I think I growled at her.  So she took off to play.

She is funny, irritating and hilarious sometimes when she gets into the why phase.  She reports when she poops her pants now, pushed herself over in her highchair-which really hurt- and has discovered the use of a step stool.  She takes anything, and I mean anything--Christmas presents included- to elevate herself so that she can reach the stove and my jewelry.  Both of which are big NO NOs.  She also moves the chairs around to reach the computer and counter tops.  It keeps me hopping, and it won't last.  Thankfully.  The plus note here, is she is a good little girl, and usually says Thank You.  It's really sweet.

They are all DYING to celebrate Christmas, and want to open presents so bad.

Comments

Chels said…
Glad all the kids are doing well. Cate is just following in your footsteps the little reader. Thats good though, reading is stimulating. Hope Landon is feeling better, thats kinda weird. Jojo and Brook are getting so big, glad they are being good little friends.

Popular posts from this blog

The Opposite of Christmas Morning

We are having the opposite of Christmas morning at our house.  No toys.  We have one of these for storing toys: And several of these for the same reason: And last night the kids thought dumping them out for the sake of dumping toys would be fun.  This is a major rule breaker in our home.  I have had problems with this in the past, (even Mykalee knows this) and i have told them if it happens again, all the toys will disappear. And last night, after I found out what they had done, the toys have been grounded.  FOR A WEEK.  I hope it's as devastating as possible, so that they will learn I am serious when it comes to dumping toys out. {Also, Brooklyn is the only one who is exempt from this, as she was in bed.  Innocent.} On a side note, we did get the kids this on Friday.  It was time.  They seem to love it.

Happy Birthday Catelyn!!!

Happy Birthday Catelyn!!!     Yesterday was you last day as a 6 year old.  Here we go for 7!!! I have picked out a few photos that I love of you, Catelyn, and hope that you know how special you are as you look at this post.   You truly are a Daughter of God and are so beautiful.   We are so glad you are a part of our family! *You love to play outside. *You like math, have struggled with reading, and love recess. *You stood with Amanda in that wedding line for 45 minutes.   *You are a girly girl.  Lipstick, makeup, nail polish and perfume make you happy. *You yell a lot.  We are working on an inside voice. * You seem to want to stop sucking your thumb.  *You love the computer. *You love to shop. *You have one year to be ready for your baptism! *When you fall asleep, you are out like a light! *You love your teacher, Ms. Bair. *You need a bigger bike. *You enjoy watching Phineas and Ferb. *You draw people really well, and ...

Breaking News: Brooklyn

Nothing like getting a sharp poke in the ear. Especially when you're two and an half and ASK for it. When Brooklyn was a baby I went to have her ears done, but decided to hold off, since her one ear lobe was so tiny, and her ears were very different in size. So I waited. For her to grow into her ears. And to grow some hair. Still waiting on the hair part, so earrings seemed like a great idea. She asked for them, and since we both wanted them, we went and got them. She picked out a pair, and viola, it was done. She said, "Owwwww!" once, and then laughed when the lady gave her a sucker and began modeling for me and Kyle.  All to show off her new earrings! Yup, seriously, she loves them.  It's pretty stinking cute.  She is constantly telling me, each time we clean and rotate them, "Mom, never take them out, 'kay?" Okay. Deal. And I did mention that we are waiting on some hair, but some is sprouting. So we're hopeful! See, she...