Skip to main content

18 Already.

YESTERDAY, SHE WAS 18 MONTHS!  

I would have blgoged it yesterday, but we were busy playing Jackson Hole and driving through Yellowstone and Teton National Parks.  So, that post will wait a day or so, while I revel in the glory that is Brooklyn.

* Brooklyn loves to say no!  And I mean, no.  She is so funny about it, but sometimes, it's just not funny anymore. It is by far, her No. 1 word right now.  Not in a mean way or anything, but just in her sweet little way.  It's so much cuter coming off her lips than anyone else's.

* Brooklyn has a long list of words, mostly we hear no, which I mentioned, but she says a lot of things and can communicate pretty well what she thinks and wants.

* Brooklyn loves her babies and pushing a stroller around.  Just like her older sisters did at her age!


* Brooklyn toddles around like nobody's business.  She is fast too.  I swear I can't keep up with her to save my life!  She makes a mess faster than a kid on a slip'n'slide and I hate it. Crayons, paper towels, tissues, and wipes are her coveted items of naughtiness. (I make her clean them up the best she can.  Devil.)



* The TV can finally hold her attention...for about 10 minutes.

* We have hit the stage that Brooklyn thinks she is too old for her car seat.  Tears flow, trashing ensues, and she loses the fight every time.  Poor girl.

* Brooklyn is still in love with her pacifier, but seems pretty content to keep it at bay.  She gets it for naps and church.  On occasion it appears at whiny times of the day...usually around 11 am and 4 pm.

* She is always thirsty.  Or rather, always wants a cup.  And she adores her blanket just like her mom.  She has one blanket that is by far her very favorite one.

* Brooklyn's just like the rest of us, not shy.  Not one bit.  Now she won't perform when we want her too, but she warms up so fast, and happily says hello and good bye all the time.

* The little devil is a climber, thanks to her Grandma Cindy. She climbs up onto the trampoline, the table, the couch, and the kid's beds.  Sometimes it freaks me out, but usually she is just fine.  One of these times though, she is gonna break a bone. I could spend every minute of the day trying to keep her on the ground and off the computer.


* Brooklyn has a pretty silly attitude and has always enjoyed getting her siblings to laugh at her.  She may very well turn out to be our "clown".

* Ah, the girl can carry a pretty lousy tune in a bucket.  Sure, it's true, she's not that great, but she loves LOVES LOVES to sing!  And though she may not be great, she holds your attention and can perform quite well when she wants too!

* If she wants something and you are in the kitchen working and she decides she has waited to long, then she will insistently push and push your legs away from the counters to get your attention.  Sometimes, I hate it, but her logic make sense.  And most often it works.  (See her push me away from the oven, and talking to me about what ever it is she needs....)


* Brooklyn loves the phone.  But won't say hello or anything on it to anyone.  Not that we are encouraging it (as we well know someday she won't stop talking on the phone), but seriously she won't even say HI to any of her Grandmas or Kyle!

* Brooklyn is a great little traveler, once we get going.

* She puts herself to bed.  Seriously, she says night-night and takes off for her room.  It's so weird, but we adore her for it.  She doesn't cry about going to bed either if it's our idea before it's hers.  She is such a good girl in that way!

* Poor girl, she hates to be left out, and she knows it now when she is begin left behind.

* When she does scream, Brooklyn has the highest pitch possible available at her disposal.  Watch out!

* Grr...that girl. (I know I mentioned this, but seriously it's worth repeating.) She won't stay out of the the diapers and wipes.  She unloads the wipes containers so fast...I have tried everything I can think of to keep her out of them too, but somehow she manages to get them.

 (I know, gross nose and dirty face.  Oh well.  She's a kid.)

* She has been giving kisses for a little while, but only recently has she started making kissy noise sounds.  So sweet!  She puckers her little lips and we all just laugh, and she repeats it to get the same reaction out of us.  It's hilarious.  She does love a crowd.


* She has little feet.  Not the smallest ever or around, but she is still a size 4.

* And, the poor child, still hasn't a tuff of hair to turn into a pony tail, nope not one bit.


I can't believe she is 18 months already.  Everyone is saying things like how great it is that she can go to nursery, but I don't feel that way about it at all.  She isn't hard during church very often, and I am going to miss her terribly now.  My lap will be empty every Sunday after sacrament starting tomorrow, and that might be cause for joy for some women, but it isn't for me.

I am loving her little conversations she is starting to have, but mostly, I am going to miss the baby she once was and have to remind myself of the joy that lies ahead in toddler-land.  She is such a fun little girl, and full of laughter and life and we adore her so much.  Cate, Landon, and Jo Jo seems to adore her just as much as we do, and we know our family would be incomplete with out our sweet little Brooklyn! 

Comments

Larsen said…
great post!! really funny! such a fun little girl, glad she is ours!

kyle
Camille said…
Brooklyn is just adorable. We love her. Lucas is glad to have a buddy in nursery. That last photo is so stinkin' cute!!
Chels said…
Ah, Brooklyn I remember my mom calling me and telling me you were born and what they named you. You were such a cute baby and looked so much like your siblings (still do) You are such a funny girl and I love seeing you. Obviously you cant read this, but someday:] Love ya
SeeingSautters said…
I love her big beautiful blue eyes! She is so cute. Candace
Yay for babies going into nursery!!! Thanks for the invite! :)

Popular posts from this blog

The Opposite of Christmas Morning

We are having the opposite of Christmas morning at our house.  No toys.  We have one of these for storing toys: And several of these for the same reason: And last night the kids thought dumping them out for the sake of dumping toys would be fun.  This is a major rule breaker in our home.  I have had problems with this in the past, (even Mykalee knows this) and i have told them if it happens again, all the toys will disappear. And last night, after I found out what they had done, the toys have been grounded.  FOR A WEEK.  I hope it's as devastating as possible, so that they will learn I am serious when it comes to dumping toys out. {Also, Brooklyn is the only one who is exempt from this, as she was in bed.  Innocent.} On a side note, we did get the kids this on Friday.  It was time.  They seem to love it.

Happy Birthday Catelyn!!!

Happy Birthday Catelyn!!!     Yesterday was you last day as a 6 year old.  Here we go for 7!!! I have picked out a few photos that I love of you, Catelyn, and hope that you know how special you are as you look at this post.   You truly are a Daughter of God and are so beautiful.   We are so glad you are a part of our family! *You love to play outside. *You like math, have struggled with reading, and love recess. *You stood with Amanda in that wedding line for 45 minutes.   *You are a girly girl.  Lipstick, makeup, nail polish and perfume make you happy. *You yell a lot.  We are working on an inside voice. * You seem to want to stop sucking your thumb.  *You love the computer. *You love to shop. *You have one year to be ready for your baptism! *When you fall asleep, you are out like a light! *You love your teacher, Ms. Bair. *You need a bigger bike. *You enjoy watching Phineas and Ferb. *You draw people really well, and ...

Breaking News: Brooklyn

Nothing like getting a sharp poke in the ear. Especially when you're two and an half and ASK for it. When Brooklyn was a baby I went to have her ears done, but decided to hold off, since her one ear lobe was so tiny, and her ears were very different in size. So I waited. For her to grow into her ears. And to grow some hair. Still waiting on the hair part, so earrings seemed like a great idea. She asked for them, and since we both wanted them, we went and got them. She picked out a pair, and viola, it was done. She said, "Owwwww!" once, and then laughed when the lady gave her a sucker and began modeling for me and Kyle.  All to show off her new earrings! Yup, seriously, she loves them.  It's pretty stinking cute.  She is constantly telling me, each time we clean and rotate them, "Mom, never take them out, 'kay?" Okay. Deal. And I did mention that we are waiting on some hair, but some is sprouting. So we're hopeful! See, she...