Skip to main content

Going Up??

She's been able to go up for a while.  But she has no concept or clue that she could fall.  Catelyn is the one who first let her do it.  She followed right behind Brooklyn to make sure she was safe.  She seems to quite like going up the stairs.  Makes me nervous, but as long as someone is there behind her, I am okay with it.  One of these days we are going to be able to take the gate down and she will be going up and down like a pro.

She still hasn't started to even try walking.  She seems awkward when you hold her hands to help her walk, so it might be a while still.

And this morning, a new milestone, SHE WAVED!  At her Dad!  She l♥ves him so much; you can see it in her eyes when he walks in and it's obvious according to her smile.  Her little arm was just a flappin' at him this morning.  It was pretty sweet. 

She will sometimes give you a high 5 if you are lucky and she is in the mood.  And she kinda points at random things on occasion, but I can't catch her on camera doing that.

Until then, she is growin' up.  Too fast!

Comments

SeeingSautters said…
It's always nice when they learn the stairs and you get to get rid of the gate. However, it definetely means that you have another one growing up. My kids are content with crawling for awhile as well. I think they get around just fine and don't feel a big need to do it any other way. So cute to have her adore her dad so much. Very sweet! Candace
Camille said…
I love when they wave it is so cute!

Up Up and away. She is growing up to fast!
Chels said…
Yay Brooklyn! haha shes gettin big
Gallant Family said…
Hooray! I love these fun milestones. I'll have to keep really good track, like you do, for my kiddos. It's fun to look back and see what they did at what age.
yay little sweet pea! She's so cute!

Popular posts from this blog

The Opposite of Christmas Morning

We are having the opposite of Christmas morning at our house.  No toys.  We have one of these for storing toys: And several of these for the same reason: And last night the kids thought dumping them out for the sake of dumping toys would be fun.  This is a major rule breaker in our home.  I have had problems with this in the past, (even Mykalee knows this) and i have told them if it happens again, all the toys will disappear. And last night, after I found out what they had done, the toys have been grounded.  FOR A WEEK.  I hope it's as devastating as possible, so that they will learn I am serious when it comes to dumping toys out. {Also, Brooklyn is the only one who is exempt from this, as she was in bed.  Innocent.} On a side note, we did get the kids this on Friday.  It was time.  They seem to love it.

Happy Birthday Catelyn!!!

Happy Birthday Catelyn!!!     Yesterday was you last day as a 6 year old.  Here we go for 7!!! I have picked out a few photos that I love of you, Catelyn, and hope that you know how special you are as you look at this post.   You truly are a Daughter of God and are so beautiful.   We are so glad you are a part of our family! *You love to play outside. *You like math, have struggled with reading, and love recess. *You stood with Amanda in that wedding line for 45 minutes.   *You are a girly girl.  Lipstick, makeup, nail polish and perfume make you happy. *You yell a lot.  We are working on an inside voice. * You seem to want to stop sucking your thumb.  *You love the computer. *You love to shop. *You have one year to be ready for your baptism! *When you fall asleep, you are out like a light! *You love your teacher, Ms. Bair. *You need a bigger bike. *You enjoy watching Phineas and Ferb. *You draw people really well, and ...

Breaking News: Brooklyn

Nothing like getting a sharp poke in the ear. Especially when you're two and an half and ASK for it. When Brooklyn was a baby I went to have her ears done, but decided to hold off, since her one ear lobe was so tiny, and her ears were very different in size. So I waited. For her to grow into her ears. And to grow some hair. Still waiting on the hair part, so earrings seemed like a great idea. She asked for them, and since we both wanted them, we went and got them. She picked out a pair, and viola, it was done. She said, "Owwwww!" once, and then laughed when the lady gave her a sucker and began modeling for me and Kyle.  All to show off her new earrings! Yup, seriously, she loves them.  It's pretty stinking cute.  She is constantly telling me, each time we clean and rotate them, "Mom, never take them out, 'kay?" Okay. Deal. And I did mention that we are waiting on some hair, but some is sprouting. So we're hopeful! See, she...