Skip to main content

Do Not Feed The Dragons!

Discovery Elementary's Mascot is a Dragon. Now, continue with the story.

So every other month Cate will have a full day of K. This is due to the early release schedule. On the opposite months she has a day off. This month was our turn for a full day. We had to get her out the door earlier than normal, but she did pretty good. She also got to have lunch there. I convinced her to have "Hot" lunch, to Kyle's dismay. She wanted to take a lunch in Ashley's lunch box. Well first off, I don't have Ashley's lunch box, and I think she only wanted to take lunch because she doesn't know what it means to each lunch at school really. She was going with what sounded familiar to her. Instead I ssent her off with lunch money. {Visions of her being mugged by a 5th grader for her lunch money. Great.} VAGUE Memories of Hot and Cold lunch started to return to me. Hot lunch wasn't as cool as "Cold" lunch, aka a sack lunch. Sack lunch kids got to eat right away, instead of waiting in line, alphabettically. They got to sit with all the other cold lunchers. Lucky Natalyn Orchard.

Hot lunchers, had to patiently wait inline, only getting chocolate milk on Fridays, having to sit by boys, and only with our class. Things have changed.

I got to go to lunch with Cate, after simily emailing and asking if I could come. Mrs. Davenport said that would be great! I am so glad too. However, was I ever needed!

On our way to lunch we saw Mr. Marlowe. He is a favorite of Cate's! He is the Principle. She thinks he is pretty great!



Here we are waiting in line for Hot Lunch. First time is fun. After a few hundred times however....



These days you can have your choice of white or chocolate milk at no extra cost, everyday! Lucky!



Of course for this particular class, they are the only ones at lunch. So they had the whole lunch room to themselves and sat where ever they wanted. Girls sat at this table.



Boys sat at this one.



It was interesting to me that the cold lunch kids sat at a table altogether, boys and girls. There were a few stragglers that sat on their own with one friend. Like Mallory, she sat with another girl from her class, just the two of them at a huge table. Not sure why. But no one sat alone.



So to make lunch more interesting it was breakfast. This is not such a great idea for K's as they are so helpless right now. THey had no idea what they were doing! It was hilaious! But once we had our trays, utinsels, and napkins {which are totally styrofoam now, nothing to wash.} we were off to eat. Imagine if you will at least a little talbe of about 6 girls, where everyone one of them needed help opening ketchup packets, syrup packets, and had no clue how to eat a slice of orange.

Cate firmly said, "This is my mom. You can call her Gina. She will help you open it if you ask her nice."

Hilarious, once again. So then imagine after I have opened all these ketchups and syrups the mess that was made by the girls as they dipped, geting syrup all down their shirts and orange juice dripping from their chins. [The one day I don't bring a diaper bag with wet wipes. I wasn't able to help them with that at all. And you knwo how helpfula napkin is with syrup. Just dandy. Look close, you can see syrup on Cate's shirt.] I did my best to show them how to dip their French Toast sticks, and how to carefully eat over their trays, and it was pretty pointless.

Imagine how bad that boys table was.







Now think of all 20+ of them going back to class, with sticky fingers, and smelling of syrup and sausage.

Mrs. Davenport deserves an award. I don't know if I could handle it. I make my kids bathe after we have a hot breakfast like that.

Seriously, Don't Feed the Dragons!

Comments

Court n Chad said…
Ha, that is so cute! She has such a fun personality. I just can't believe she's so grown up!
Camille said…
Sad that Josh missed the first day of all day and school lunch (breakfast). I am really anxious to go and help out the class one of these days. I hope for the Halloween party.
brandy said…
I remember those day. However I think everyone got hot lunch on mini chimi days. Remember thous?

Popular posts from this blog

The Opposite of Christmas Morning

We are having the opposite of Christmas morning at our house.  No toys.  We have one of these for storing toys: And several of these for the same reason: And last night the kids thought dumping them out for the sake of dumping toys would be fun.  This is a major rule breaker in our home.  I have had problems with this in the past, (even Mykalee knows this) and i have told them if it happens again, all the toys will disappear. And last night, after I found out what they had done, the toys have been grounded.  FOR A WEEK.  I hope it's as devastating as possible, so that they will learn I am serious when it comes to dumping toys out. {Also, Brooklyn is the only one who is exempt from this, as she was in bed.  Innocent.} On a side note, we did get the kids this on Friday.  It was time.  They seem to love it.

Happy Birthday Catelyn!!!

Happy Birthday Catelyn!!!     Yesterday was you last day as a 6 year old.  Here we go for 7!!! I have picked out a few photos that I love of you, Catelyn, and hope that you know how special you are as you look at this post.   You truly are a Daughter of God and are so beautiful.   We are so glad you are a part of our family! *You love to play outside. *You like math, have struggled with reading, and love recess. *You stood with Amanda in that wedding line for 45 minutes.   *You are a girly girl.  Lipstick, makeup, nail polish and perfume make you happy. *You yell a lot.  We are working on an inside voice. * You seem to want to stop sucking your thumb.  *You love the computer. *You love to shop. *You have one year to be ready for your baptism! *When you fall asleep, you are out like a light! *You love your teacher, Ms. Bair. *You need a bigger bike. *You enjoy watching Phineas and Ferb. *You draw people really well, and ...

Breaking News: Brooklyn

Nothing like getting a sharp poke in the ear. Especially when you're two and an half and ASK for it. When Brooklyn was a baby I went to have her ears done, but decided to hold off, since her one ear lobe was so tiny, and her ears were very different in size. So I waited. For her to grow into her ears. And to grow some hair. Still waiting on the hair part, so earrings seemed like a great idea. She asked for them, and since we both wanted them, we went and got them. She picked out a pair, and viola, it was done. She said, "Owwwww!" once, and then laughed when the lady gave her a sucker and began modeling for me and Kyle.  All to show off her new earrings! Yup, seriously, she loves them.  It's pretty stinking cute.  She is constantly telling me, each time we clean and rotate them, "Mom, never take them out, 'kay?" Okay. Deal. And I did mention that we are waiting on some hair, but some is sprouting. So we're hopeful! See, she...