Well, Where do I even start with this post?
Catelyn and Jocelyn came with me, and Dayvne Molifua, to Boise to watch the high school state championship games.
Except they spent spent two days playing with friends, while I attended games. However, on day three, they came with me to the last game. And that's when something clicked for these two. They got into the game, cheering and yelling and hyped up. When the game ended in over time, BHS winning by two, we were thrilled! Cate asked me when the next games was. A part of me laughed at her so hard. I had to explain how Basketball scheduling and tournaments worked, all over again, how this game was it for these boys, and she seemed to get how all those times she told us NO about 'going to a game' what she'd been missing out on. Poor thing.
I think next year, she'll be a Ball Junkie like me.
At least, I hope so.
And maybe Jo Jo will, too, since she loved watching the game as much as I did.
Now, Dayvne is Kehari Harrigfeld's grandma, and a sweet lady in our ward. She wanted to watch her grandson play the last games he'd ever play in HS. So she was our Back Stage Grandma Pass, and she's the reason we have a picture with Kehari. She insisted. And Cate and I will never forget how sweaty he was and how he hugged us twice, declaring, "This feels so good!"
And it did. Our laughs and euphoria was real.
The cheerleaders are just dolls and so sweet and fun to visit with, so we had to get a photo of us with them, too.
Next year, Cate will be a Bonneville Bee, and I sure hope her high school years are fun-filled.
It won't belong before Jo is a Bee, too.
Comments