Well it's that time of year again! And this is kind of a special year for us because Catelyn, Landon, Jocelyn, and Brooklyn are all attending the same school! This is the only year magic on this level will happen.
The first day has come and gone, and while other moms are flooding Facebook with 'back to school' and 'first day' photos, I'm trying to balance getting my kids to the fair! Everyone's gotta have a turn helping grandpa at 5 am!
Also worth noting, we didn't buy a single article of new clothing for anyone and not one of my kids complained this morning about not having anything to wear. Granted, they all need some new stuff, but I decided it really could wait.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Catelyn has Mrs. Haynes. She said she had the best day, and the most eventful thing to happen was when one of her classmates threw up on another classmate. Poor kids! I know that nerves were running high in our home, but thankfully no one puked--we had a near vomit, though.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Landon has Mrs. Knibbs. He seemed to have a pretty great day too! He said he sits by two boys instead of girls, so that has to count for something. He'll be learning Idaho History this year! And I know he's eager to play some basketball!
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Jocelyn has Mrs.O'Rullian. I think her entire 1st grade class moved up together. There are so many little girls in her class that it's going to be nothing but a giggle fest! Jocelyn was very nervous this morning, and even dry heaved into the sink while I was crimping her hair, but by the time I picked her up from school, all the nerves were gone and she was having the best day!
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Brooklyn has Mrs. Davenport. When we went to pick her up, Brooklyn declared she had had the best day of her life! She didn't seem to mind waiting to go to school for the afternoon session and when we got there, she discovered that she knew a lot of kids in her class.
Mrs Davenport has now officially become/been the kindergarten teacher for every single one of our kids. She holds a very special place in our hearts.
Mrs Davenport has now officially become/been the kindergarten teacher for every single one of our kids. She holds a very special place in our hearts.
Instead doing any sports or piano, this year we are all participating in the Idaho Falls youth arts council's fall musical, Beauty and the Beast. We have rehearsal Wednesday and Thursday nights!
This will hopefully be a great year!
Here are some back to school shots that 'don't make the cut' as they'd say.
Comments