| This photo has nothing to with the post- It's just the cutest. Taken: Thanksgiving weekend, 2012 All I said to get this photo was "Smile for me!" Talk about sassy! |
She's been waking up dry- miracle, I tell ya- but she's not perfect at it so she's still in a diaper. I laid her down to change her and we had the following conversation.
B: Mom, did you know my leg has sparkles?
Me, excitedly for her benefit: Oh, wow! That's so cool.
B, angrily: Nuh-uh. It hurts!
Me, realizing the truth behind the sparkles: Ah, Brooklyn, does it feel tingly?
B: Yeah.
Me: Oh! That's because your leg is asleep!
B: Stares back in silence, confused. Then smiles and says, "Okay!"
That had to be the weirdest explanation to her little ears. Think about it from her perspective! She's wide awake, but her leg's asleep? You're crazy mom.
But her perspective also gave me a new one. My legs sparkle too, sometimes!
Comments